- Brian Kennedy and Todd Vandam assume full-time portfolio management roles
- Reporting to Elaine Stokes and Matt Eagan
Loomis, Sayles & Company announced that John DeVoy, CFA, returned to the company as a dedicated credit strategist for the flagship full discretion team. Simultaneously, Brian Kennedy and Todd Vandam, CFA, assume full-time portfolio management roles on the full discretion team and will transition their credit strategist responsibilities (investment grade and high yield respectively) to John. Todd, Brian and John will report to Elaine Stokes and Matt Eagan, co-heads of the full discretion team.
“The complexity of global fixed income markets continues to expand as does investor demand across the full discretion product suite. We are pleased that John is back on board to dedicate his full efforts to providing insight on credit trends,” said Elaine Stokes. “Additionally, John’s role allows Brian and Todd the time to focus exclusively on portfolio management. Their promotions are reflective of the excellent work they have done managing various full discretion strategies to date.”
As a dedicated resource for the full discretion team, John’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing insight into cyclical and secular credit trends affecting the investment environment for the full discretion portfolio management team
- Partnering with the firm's various credit analysts and sector teams to form opinions of investment opportunities
- Providing team portfolio managers with specific investment and trade recommendations in the corporate sector across the full discretion product line
As co-portfolio manager on the Loomis Sayles full discretion team, Brian joins veteran fixed income managers Dan Fuss, Elaine Stokes and Matt Eagan on the full suite of Loomis Sayles multisector funds and strategies, which includes the Loomis Sayles Bond Fund and Loomis Sayles Strategic Income Fund. In February 2013, Brian was named co-portfolio manager of the Loomis Sayles Investment Grade Bond and Loomis Sayles Investment Grade Fixed Income funds.
Todd is one of the founding co-portfolio managers of the Loomis Sayles strategic alpha strategy that launched in 2010, which currently has $4.4 billion in assets under management. Additionally, Todd is a co-portfolio manager of the Loomis Sayles US high yield strategy (currently $3.5 billion) and Loomis Sayles global high yield strategy ($290 million).