- The Centurion Lounge at LGA is the third in a network of lounges in some of the busiest airports in the U.S., with locations open in McCarran (LAS) in Las Vegas and Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
- The Centurion Lounge in San Francisco Airport (SFO) and Miami International Airport (MIA) are also under construction
Traveling through the Big Apple just got more enjoyable. American Express has announced the opening of The Centurion Lounge in New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA), the latest in a series of American Express lounges opening in the United States.
The Centurion Lounge at LGA is the third in a network of lounges in some of the busiest airports across the U.S., with locations currently open in McCarran International Airport (LAS) in Las Vegas and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). The Centurion Lounge in San Francisco Airport (SFO) and Miami International Airport (MIA) are also under construction.
Entry to The Centurion Lounge in LaGuardia, located in Terminal B, is complimentary for Platinum Card and Centurion Members, and their immediate family or up to two travel companions. Other American Express Credit and Charge Card Members may purchase a One-Day Pass at The Centurion Lounge for $50. Featured amenities in the 5,000 square foot lounge include:
- Locally-inspired, seasonal cuisine designed by Cédric Vongerichten, Executive Chef at Perry St in New York City, named one of Zagat’s top 30 up-and-coming chefs under 30.
- New York-inspired specialty cocktails and wine selections created by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan and wine director Anthony Giglio.
- Connected work spaces with high speed Wi-Fi, outlets near every seat and private noise-buffering work spaces.
- Member Services Professionals to provide onsite Card related and travel related services like reservations at restaurants, airlines and hotels.
“New York might be the city that never sleeps, but our Card Members can now find an oasis at LaGuardia Airport to relax and refresh when they’re traveling into and out of the city,” said Lisa Durocher, Senior Vice President, Consumer Charge Cards & Benefits at American Express. “As our third Centurion Lounge, opening the LaGuardia Airport location marks a huge milestone for us, and brings us closer to our goal of creating a better airport experience for our Card Members.”
Unlimited, complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge is among a suite of curb-to-curb benefits designed to create a more seamless travel experience for Platinum Card Members.
“We’re delighted to welcome The Centurion Lounge to our Food & Shops program at LaGuardia.” says Paul O. McGinn, president of MarketPlace Development, the retail development company that manages the Food & Shops in Terminal B at LaGuardia Airport. “American Express is a global services leader and the addition of The Centurion Lounge helps to fulfill our mission of providing a first-class dining, shopping and service experience to LGA passengers.”
“The Port Authority has an ongoing commitment to modernize LaGuardia Airport, which will be highlighted by a $3.6 billion investment campaign featuring a brand new Central Terminal Building,” said Lysa Scully, LaGuardia Airport’s general manager. “The addition of The Centurion Lounge will help make our airport a world-class facility for travelers, and we appreciate American Express for being a partner in this endeavor.”