What's in store for 2014? Russ Koesterich, Jeff Rosenberg and Peter Hayes offer their 10 best ideas for the year ahead, consisting of five 'what to know' items and five 'what to do' ideas to help the investors navigate the markets.
With economic and market conditions slowly improving, but uncertainty high and income and returns still tough to come by, the fund manager suggest that investors rethink their bonds, generate income without overreaching, and seek growth while managing volatility.
Here's a look at BlackRock's 10 best ideas regarding what to know—and do—in the year ahead.
What to know:
- The economy: Growing, albeit slowly
- Interest rates: higher, but not through the roof
- Inflation: the risk is to the downside
- Employment: jobs are growing, but wages are not
- More policy uncertainty means more volatility
What to do:
- Stick with stocks... for now
- Seek greater growth opportunities abroad
- Bond buyers beware: once thought safe, now risky?
- Consider munis for tax-exempt income.
- Go beyond traditional stocks and bonds.