- Alvaro Palenga joins AMCS Group as sales associate in Montevideo
- Palenga will report to Santiago Sacias, Managing Partner and Head of Southern Cone Sales
- The business is seeking to significantly grow the market presence of its two asset management partners, AXA Investment Managers and Merian Global Investors
- It is also aiming to complete a deal with a third asset manager
AMCS Group, a Miami and Montevideo-based third-party distribution firm, has appointed Alvaro Palenga as Sales Associate.
Palenga joins the firm at an exciting time, as the business is seeking to significantly grow the market presence of its two asset management partners, AXA Investment Managers and Merian Global Investors, while aiming to complete a deal with a third asset manager to further expand and diversify its UCITS offering to its distribution network.
Palenga will report to Santiago Sacias, Managing Partner and Head of Southern Cone Sales, who is also based in Montevideo. He will initially be tasked with supporting Sacias and the wider team in continuing to strengthen Merian and AXA IM’s position in the region.
Palenga previously worked for Sura in Montevideo as a financial advisor. Prior to Sura he worked at Trafigura as Oil Risk and Market Analyst. He also completed an internship at Citi International Financial Services (CIFS) as an Investment Analyst. Alvaro is a CFA level 3 candidate
Santiago Sacias, managing partner, the AMCS Group, comments:
“We are delighted to have Alvaro join the AMCS Group. His experience in the wealth management, alongside his academic achievements will fit perfectly with our investment-centric approach to client development and servicing. We all look forward to his contributions to our ambitious growth plans.”
The AMCS Group team details:
Currently the AMCS team is formed by the following member with the resposabilities described below:
- Chris Stapleton, co-founder and Managing Partner, oversees global key account relationships across the region, as well as advisor relationships in the Northeast and West Coast.
- Andres Munho, co-founder and Managing Partner, oversees all advisory and private banking relationships in Miami, as well as firms located in the Northern Cone of LatAm, including Mexico.
- Santiago Sacias, Managing Partner, based in Montevideo, leads sales efforts in the Southern Cone region, which includes Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Brazil and Peru.
- Fabiola Peñaloza, Regional Vice President, is responsible for select advisory and private banking relationships in Miami, as well as firms located in Colombia.
- Francisco Rubio, Regional Vice President, is responsible for the Southwest region of the US, as well as independent advisory firms in South Florida and Panama.
The team is supported by Virginia Gabilondo, Client Services Manager.