State Street Global Advisors (SSgA), the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, has announced five key appointments in the firm’s intermediary business, which provides products supporting wealth management professionals, including SPDR ETFs and State Street mutual funds, for wirehouses, Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs), private banks, family offices and regional/independent broker dealers. The appointments will bolster SSgA’s competency across its intermediary business, which was created in 2001 to better access the firm’s deep institutional experience and broad investment knowledge.
“These appointments enhance our capabilities and reflect our commitment to invest in ways that support advisors so they can achieve better outcomes for their clients,” said James Ross, executive vice president, global head of SPDR ETFs, and head of US intermediary distribution at SSgA. “We look forward to the teams’ contributions in providing advisors with solutions to meet the expectations of their clients by offering differentiated products and investment views that will help support their businesses.”
The recent appointments to the US intermediary business include:
- Michael Arone, chief investment strategist for the US intermediary business. Mike was head of global and EMEA portfolio strategy at SSgA before this new role.
- Ken Bossen, vice president and head of US intermediary portfolio strategy and due diligence. Ken joins SSgA from Morgan Stanley, where he managed the firm’s ETF model portfolio and country ETF focus list.
- Robert Forsyth, vice president and head of strategic partnerships. Prior to this role, Robert was head of exchange traded products and derivatives at UBS Wealth Management.
- Mario Gallotto, vice president of business intelligence. Mario joins SSgA from John Hancock Investments, where he was managing director of business intelligence.
- Brie Williams, vice president and head of practice management. Brie joins SSgA from Putnam Investments where she was responsible for marketing communications in support of Putnam’s global brand and retail mutual fund product line.