HSBC, official banking partner of Wimbledon, is bringing an authentic taste of the world-famous tennis championship to New York City June 25-27. Complementary outdoor activities at "HSBC Serves Up the Perfect Day at Wimbledon" include playing tennis on Manhattan's only grass court, watching live matches courtesy of ESPN on a giant LED screen, and enjoying the traditional tournament treat strawberries & cream. The three-day tennis celebration takes place on Broadway between 23/24th Streets, next to the historic Flatiron Building and Madison Square Park.
At the June 25 kick-off event during week one of Wimbledon, select attendees will play tennis with former world No. 1 ranked players Monica Seles and Jim Courier on a specially-built grass court.
"As the official Wimbledon banking partner, only HSBC can connect a renowned international event like this to our customers, employees and the New York City community," said Patrick Nolan, CEO, Global Banking & Markets, HSBC Americas, and this year's local host. "This is our fifth year bringing the championships to life in Manhattan, allowing tennis fans to experience 'the perfect day at Wimbledon' without traveling across the pond."
Jason Bernstein, ESPN senior director, programming & acquisitions, added, "ESPN is proud to be the exclusive U.S. home to Wimbledon with ESPN, ESPN3 and WatchESPN, and this is a fun way to bring the special flavor and the action from the All England Club to tennis fans in New York and add to the profile and exposure to one of sport's great events."
COMPLEMENTARY ACTIVITIES OPEN TO THE COMMUNITY
- Live Wimbledon Screenings: Watch live matches daily from 7am - 5pm courtesy of ESPN on the big screen in the HSBC Bank outdoor seating area. Henman Hill, the famous grass-covered Wimbledon viewing area, will be recreated for spectators.
- Play Singles Tennis:Sign up to play on Manhattan's only grass court. Court times available June 26-27 from 7-11am, 1-3pm and 5-7pm. Visit www.us.hsbc.com/wimbledon to reserve court times. The grass court installation is being overseen by Sports Turf of Connecticut, using Bentgrass from New England Turf in West Kingston, RI.
- Enjoy Strawberries & Cream:Sample the Wimbledon treat courtesy of California Giant Berry Farms.
- Pass the Pro:Match your skills against tennis pros with a simple match-style game. Gotham Tennis Academy, the leading operator of high-performance tennis programs in NYC, Westchester and the Hamptons, is providing tennis professionals to host the event. Walk-ins welcome June 26 and 27, 11am - 1pm and 3 - 5pm.
- Photo Booth:Take a commemorative photo of your winning moment on Center Court at Wimbledon, complete with tennis- themed props.
ENJOY A TASTE OF WIMBLEDON AROUND THE BIG APPLE Beginning in 2008, HSBC Bank and California Giant Berry Farms have served complementary strawberries & cream to event attendees during the Wimbledon tournament. To enable more New Yorkers to enjoy a taste of Wimbledon, HSBC is teaming up with local eateries to serve twists on the traditional tournament treat. The restaurants, bakeries and food trucks participating June 24-27 will include: Carnegie Deli, Chinatown Ice Cream Factory, Jacques Torres, Prohibition Bakery, Serendipity, Tea & Sympathy, Wafels & Dinges. Locations and descriptions of strawberries & cream-themed dishes available at at www.us.hsbc.com/tennis