- Net inflows into UCITS and AIF increased more than two-fold
- UCITS' inflows went from 8 to 44 billion
- Equity funds experienced EUR 2 billion in net outflows
The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) has published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and non-UCITS for April 2016 from 28 associations representing more than 99 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets' net sales data.
The main developments in April 2016 can be summarized as follows:
- Net inflows into UCITS and AIF increased to EUR 65 billion, up from EUR 26 billion in March.
- Net inflows into UCITS amounted to EUR 44 billion, considerably higher than the EUR 8 billion recorded in March.
- The increase in UCITS net sales was driven by stronger net sales of long-term UCITS and money market funds.
- Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net inflows of EUR 33 billion, compared to EUR 18 billion in March.
- Net inflows into bond funds increased to EUR 24 billion, from EUR 11 billion in March.
- Multi-asset funds recorded net sales of EUR 6 billion, same as in March.
- On the other hand, equity funds continued to experience net outflows, albeit lower than in March (EUR 2 billion).
- Net sales of UCITS money market funds rebounded to EUR 11 billion, from net outflows of EUR 10 billion in March.
- AIF recorded net inflows of EUR 21 billion, compared to EUR 19 billion in March.
- Net assets of UCITS increased by 1.4% in April to EUR 8,104 billion, and AIF net assets increased by 0.7% to EUR 5,148 billion.
- Overall, total net assets of European investment funds increased by 1.1% in April to stand at EUR 13,252 billion at the end of the month.
Bernard Delbecque, director of Economics and Research at EFAMA commented: “The accommodative monetary policy and the stimulus still in the pipeline supported the demand for bond and multi-assets funds in April, whereas weak economic growth and downside risks continued to weigh on equity funds.”
You can read the EFAMA Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet in the following link.