- European ETF's AUM increased €80.4 billion in 2015
- Equity funds was the best selling asset class
- Blackrock, db x-trackers and Lyxor ETF were the best performing ETF promoters
According to Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA research at Lipper, assets under management in the European exchange-traded fund (ETF) industry increased from €368.9 billion to €449.3 billion over the course of 2015. This increase of €80.4 billion was driven mainly by net sales, which contributed €71.2 billion to the overall growth in assets under management in the ETF segment.
In terms of asset classes, Equity funds with €44.6 billion the highest net inflows for the year.
The best selling Lipper global classifications for 2015 where:
- Equity Eurozone with €16.1 billion
- Equity Europe with €9.1 billion
- Equity Germany with €3.5 billion
Amongst ETF promoters in Europe during 2015, Blackrock’s iShares with €30.3 billion, db x-trackers with €10.0 billion and Lyxor ETF with €8.8 billion, were the best selling ones.
The best selling ETF for 2015 was the iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF, which accounted for net inflows of €2.6 billion
For further details you can follow this link.