Miami Finance Forum (MFF), in the framework of Power Breakfast Discussions, will celebrate an event to speak about venture capital in South Florida. On Wednesday, April 23rd, 7.30-10 am at Conrad Hotel, Miami.
The Moderator will be Scott M. Moss, CPA, Managing Partner at Cherry Bekaert Advisory Services. Scott's client service activities are focused on providing Transaction Advisory Services and numerous domestic and multinational companies and private equity funds have benefitted from Scott’s guidance in all areas of mergers, acquisitions and due diligence. Scott has successfully advised clients on transactions with cumulative transaction values of more than $3 billion.
The speakers will be:
- Greg Baty is a principal at the Florida-based company Hamilton Lane and is primarily focused on the activities of the Florida Growth Fund. Prior to joining Hamilton Lane in 2009, Greg hadinvestment positions within the private equity marketplace and previous experience with venture finance at Sand Hill Capital and Garage.com (Garage Technology Ventures).
- Thomas “Tigre” Wenrich is a Director at Open English Holdings, Inc., and from 2009 to 2013 served as the COO and CFO, growing the company from commercial launch to over $50M in annual revenues. Today Open English is the leading on-line language school in the Americas, helping more than 100,000 active students to learn English over the internet. Under his leadership, Open English raised over $120M of Venture Capital in four rounds of investment from firms including Redpoint, Insight, and Technology Crossover Ventures.
- Susan Amat is the founder of Venture Hive, an entrepreneurship education company that help governments and municipalities develop innovation ecosystems through K-12, university, and incubator/accelerator programs. A serial entrepreneur, she built businesses in the entertainment industry for over a decade, including the first CD-Rom magazine and a national television show on the E! Network.
- Albert Santalo is the Chairman, CEO, and President of CareCloud. He founded the Miami-based company in 2009 with the goal of enhancing healthcare delivery through user-friendly, cloud-based technologies that connect physicians to their patients and each other. CareCloud has since become a leading provider of cloud-based health IT software and services, attracting physicians across 50 specialties in 48 states.
- Marco Giberti is a successful entrepreneur and angel investor with more than 20 years of intensive experience in marketing and communications with focus on the media, internet and events industry. After several years in a successful career as a corporate executive at Apple computers, Mr. Giberti decided to give free rein to his entrepreneurial spirit and became Co-founder and Board Member of Mind Opener, a leading publishing group in Latin America that was later sold to British Pearson Media Grou, and Co-founder and Board Member of e-mind, an internet and media communications company that was sold to Liberty Medi, among others.
The event will take place at Hotel Conrad in Brickell Avenue. For more information or registration use this link.