CFA Institute and CFA Society Germany announce that the 68th CFA Institute Annual Conference will be held in Germany for the first time. The conference will take place from 26-29 April 2015 at the Congress Center Messe Frankfurt, bringing together more than 1000 eminent investment professionals to debate how to shape the future of the finance industry at a time of uncertain geopolitical, inflation and currency trends.
The conference will feature a line-up of more than 40 speakers including :
- Jürgen Stark, former member of the executive board of the European Central Bank
- Hans-Werner Sinn, Professor of Economics and Public Finance at the University of Munich
- Martin Wolf, chief economics commentator at the Financial Times
- Ian Bremmer, founder and president at Eurasia Group
- Moritz Kraemer, managing director and chief rating officer at Standard & Poor’s Rating Service’s Sovereign Ratings Group
In addition to the broader thematic discussions around the future of the finance industry in Europe and its impact on society, the conference agenda will feature:
- A vision for the future of the investment management profession, by Paul Smith, CFA, the new president and CEO of CFA Institute.
- Over 20 sessions examining market trends, new investment opportunities, and practical advice for investment professionals
- The launch of a timely new paper, Shadow Banking: Policy Frameworks and Investor Perspectives on Markets-Based Finance